There are so many benefits of having OCD
Haley, has bravely shared her story in video format. We found it very inspiring and educational, we hope you do too.
In Haley’s story such topics and advice that come up:
- Haley struggled with OCD since she was 5 years old
- OCD affects Haley’s ability to write
- Counting compulsions to stop harm obsessions
- Religious OCD – compulsive and structured prayers
- OCD has been dynamic for Haley. It changes guises.
- Having a mother who suffered from OCD
- The helpfulness of living in a household free of mental health stigma
- The importance of getting help sooner
- Through therapy and medication, Haley is considerably better and on the road to recovery
- Haley is focused on breaking the patterns of OCD
- Not relying on medication solely. To use medication if needed but still putting forth the necessary work in therapy.
- There are silver linings to having suffered from OCD. Look for them.