You have a choice. You do not need to let OCD stop you!
I interviewed best selling author Bob Burg on his OCD story, his improvement and his advice for how you can succeed despite OCD, not because of it.
Bob is a remarkable guy. He has written 9 books including The Go-Giver which has sold over 500,000 copies. It is a parable about the power of giving and authenticity in business. It has had a profound impact on my life, so it was an honour to chat with Bob and hear his OCD Story. I hope you enjoy!
To listen on iTunes click the button, or go to iTunes and search “The OCD Stories“. If you enjoy the podcast please subscribe and leave a review. It helps us reach more people who need to hear these remarkable stories of recovery!
You can also listen on Android and over devices through most podcast apps, such as Stitcher.
- Bob’s OCD story (2:20)
- The types of therapy/medication Bob has done (7:30)
- Bob’s advice on Exposure and Response Prevention therapy (ERP) (9:30)
- Bob’s advice on therapy (11:40)
- OCD Stigma (13:10)
- Bob’s advice for business people with OCD (16:30)
- How to get motivated in an OCD spike. Action precedes motivation (19:40)
- Bob’s morning routine (22:18)
- OCD and exercise (24:25)
- What OCD has taught Bob (25:40)
- Being happy despite OCD (30:30)
- Success mindset vs fixed minset for recovery. The importance of personal development (31:30)
- Bob’s one key piece of business advice (34:25)
- Bob’s additional advice on dealing with OCD (36:00)
- What Bob would want written on a billboard (37:00)
Find out more about Bob:
- Website: http://www.burg.com
- Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/bobburg
- The Go-Giver by Bob Burg (Amazon UK/Amazon USA)
- IOCDF.org – International OCD Foundation
- ACT book mentioned in the episode: The Acceptance Field Guide
To your success,
Stuart and The OCD Stories team
Support our videos and get rewards by becoming an The OCD Stories patron: https://www.patreon.com/theocdstories