Your story of struggle and the path to recovery can and will give a fellow sufferer the hope they need to continue, and the tools they need to succeed
The OCD Stories was set up to be that beacon of light in the moments of darkness we have all had to endure, as a result of OCD. The stories act not only as a light in their darkness, but also as a signpost out of it. This is only possible because of fellow sufferers such as yourself sharing their emotional, and educational stories towards recovery. Whether you are a million times better, or just starting your path of recovery, your story will give hope to those with little.
*** Story submissions can be written, filmed or recorded. Which ever style suits you ***
If you choose to participate, and share your story, below are some writing tips:
- Tell your story – start it where ever you feel comfortable.
- Offer as much, or as little detail as you wish.
- Talk about key events in your recovery i.e. therapies, books, videos etc
- Your key learnings and ‘aha’ moments.
- Don’t worry about grammar etc, we will edit it if needed.
- Add pictures, and or videos to the article if this helps bring it to life.
- 600 words minimum – as our readers like detail
- No self promotion
- If there are any useful links to videos, articles, books or therapists etc please include them.
- You can be anonymous or use your name. If you wish to use your name and have a website or social profile, we will add a link to your article.
Remember, the goal is to both inspire and to educate. Thanks for writing your story for TheOCDStories.com. Your struggle and path to recovery can and will give a fellow sufferer the hope they need to continue, and the tools they need to succeed!
Please send your stories to firstname.lastname@example.org. Let’s remind fellow sufferers they are not alone, and there is a way out of this.
To your success,
Stuart & The OCD Stories team
P.S. If you have any further questions please contact us email@example.com
Need more inspiration – download some free OCD recovery wallpaper for your desktop here >>